[SOLVED] Walk-behind baseline lower than screen height?

Started by brushfe, Mon 02/10/2023 13:27:16

Previous topic - Next topic

brushfe

Hello!

I'm getting back to AGS after many years, so this may be an obvious question!

When my characters walk to the bottom edge of the screen, there's a 'transition walk': Input is disabled, they automatically walk down until they're totally offscreen, then the room changes.

But when this happens near a Walk-Behind, they appear on top of the walk-behind, because their Y coordinate is lower than the screen height.

I can't seem to set the walkbehind baseline lower than that, so I'm not sure how to fix this.

I appreciate your help!

eri0o

In the properties at the right, with the walkbehind selected, does typing there the baseline directly with a bigger number than room height, can you tell me if this works?

brushfe

Hey! I really appreciate the quick reply! And yes, that solved it!

Thanks so much!

AndreasBlack

You could also write SetWalkBehindBase(ID,value); It's good to know. Forexample if you walkbehind something momentarely and then want to change it back. You can do that with a Region WalkOnto and reset the SetWalkBehindBase there, forexample leaving a room walking thru a door. And then when you re-enter the room you want it reset again, so the player doesnt get invisible once he's near the door. You go the same SetWalkBehindBase in Roomload() forexample

brushfe

That's a great approach too! Being able to do this dynamically really opens some doors for the room design. Thanks very much for this and the example!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk