Why won't the editor build the EXE file?

Started by Nos Energy Man, Tue 23/05/2023 11:57:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Nos Energy Man

Hey everyone...Hope all is well. I'm using a super old version of Adventure Game Studio and it won't build the game it just says it's building but no exe file shows up in the folder. Is my system too old? I'm just using this computer because I'm pretty broke and I'm trying to teach myself a new skill. I've gotten pretty far, I've made a lot of progress but I can only play the game through the editor. Does anyone know how to get it to compile successfully?

Thanks

Crimson Wizard

Please tell which version of AGS are you using exactly, and which steps do you do to build the game, which folder do you look in?

glurex

Did you have the "Compiled/Windows" folder open in the (Windows) explorer while building the EXE? I have noticed I have to close that folder before build the EXE.

eri0o

Does any error appears on the bottom of the Editor? (Something like "Unable to load")

Also have you installed the Editor or have you just run the ags editor from a zip? If you haven't installed AGS Editor ever before, you may be missing vc redistributables.

Cassiebsg

If you can play the game thru the editor, then AGS is building the game (it just deletes the files again once you done play testing).

Try copying those files to a new folder, and see if you can then play it from that folder.

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

Is it possible that Windows itself is preventing the EXE from being built because of file location permissions? It is after all the main reason why the config file for games compiled with AGS, is now no longer saved in the game's main folder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk