Going Home

Started by Gal Shemesh, Tue 25/07/2023 22:03:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Gal Shemesh

"Going Home" is a very short point-and-click adventure game, with full speech acting and a funny plot:

You're Roger. When the game starts you find yourself in an unknown place, somewhere in the universe. But, you're not alone - there's someone else there with you! Will you dare and check who that is and find a way to get back home? Or maybe this is not even about you!

I made this game during learning my way in the AGS engine. The idea was to re-create the Sierra-style AGS template from a complete scratch, to learn bit-by-bit how it is made, and then to take it from there and make an actual mini game that includes full speech acting and a funny plot. I hope you'll like it the same as I had making it. :)

Many thanks to the AGS community for their kindness helping me out with all my queries. This game wasn't possible without your assistance, and I look forward that it will be one of many from my future creations.

*The game has been also fully translated to Hebrew.

Available for download in the AGS game database:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2682-going-home/
Gal Shemesh,
goldeng

CaptainD

Congrats on making your first game!  ;-D  I'm sure it will be the first of many.

bicilotti

Voice acting was hilarious!
A nice, short, polished game, I loved it!

Gal Shemesh

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 26/07/2023 08:06:25Congrats on making your first game!  ;-D  I'm sure it will be the first of many.
Thanks!! :)

Quote from: bicilotti on Wed 26/07/2023 20:00:48Voice acting was hilarious!
A nice, short, polished game, I loved it!
Thank you so much! So glad you liked it. :-D
Gal Shemesh,
goldeng

Danvzare

Hmm, looks interesting. I like the little throwback stuff in the screenshots. I'm going to have to check this one out.  ;)

Ionias

I liked the voice acting. Short but a nice diversion.  :grin: ...and I was able to figure out the puzzles, always a plus!

heltenjon

Congratulations on making your first game! You seem to have learned a lot about using the editor by making this, as it runs flawlessly. Like the others, I'll compliment your voice acting. The two Rogers had different voices and it was easy to distinguish between them. I also appreciate the coffee humour.

Hope to see many more games from you! Curious to how it will look if you make your own graphics.

Gal Shemesh

Thanks a lot, @heltenjon! Very pleased to hear that you liked it and that it works flawlessly - I really tried my best to make it covered from every direction to provide the best playing experience. Glad to receive such feedback and that all my hard work is appreciated.

Will very appreciate the votes on the game's page from whomever played it.

Thanks everyone. :)
Gal Shemesh,
goldeng

Faramir

It is really cool for the 1st game. I like the voice)) Congrats!

splat44

Well done!

Following are just few tips toward futher game development

Strange Device:
Spoiler
Before attempting using item on roger, you migh consider adding "code needs to be found".
We can clear see code without interacting
[close]

Finding code:
Spoiler
I noted, there no point added when interacting with
[close]

Those issues isn't big but consider following toward any game developement:

1) Every actions count

I recall testing game in which was buggy and that developer had recode everything

QuoteDuring game, character was standing, a scream was heard, after that I cause character to sleep and walking and bugs triggered. When developer heard that "did mentioned he wasn't thinking making character going to sleep." When he reproduced bugs as I did, he then realizes every actions count

I hope that gets you started and good toward your other game

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk