Melrin: The Disciple Ordeal - 20 year anniversary remake

Started by Joacim Andersson, Fri 10/02/2023 15:57:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Joacim Andersson

In this game, you play as Melrin a magician disciple. When the game starts Melrin finds himself in a strange place, he has no idea where he is or how he got there. In fact, he has totally lost his memory.

After you've met the Guardian, you will be told that you have magically been transferred to this world to go through the test. A test to see if you are worthy of becoming a full-fledged magician.

You need to find the four crystals of the elements and to do that you have to use all your magic skills, the problem is that you've lost your memory and, because of that, lost all your knowledge about the art of magic. Your magical power has been stored in some spheres that have been spread throughout the land. So you'll need to find them first. You must also find and talk to the Fairy of the Heart, she will guide you throw your adventure.

Download

heltenjon

Wow, that was fast! Congratulations on the release!

Joacim Andersson

Thank you, I'm currently working on the remake of my third game in this series, Melrin: The Dragon Menace, I decided to not make a remake of the second game since it was kind of short, to begin with.

Shadow1000

I played this on Monday and I really enjoyed it! The game brings back many memories of games of this genre from yesteryear. Cute story, lots to explore and fun, multi-stage puzzles (generally on the easy side). I think I spent about 10-15 minutes on each world.

There's a lot that can be done with the general idea to expand the game (fighting enemies, levelling up, acquiring more skills, bigger world, etc) . One thing I would recommend is to proofread the captions and iron out spelling errors.

Overall, a delightful experience!

Cheers

Joacim Andersson

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 16/02/2023 00:33:01One thing I would recommend is to proofread the captions and iron out spelling errors.
Thanks for the review. Were there any particular spelling errors that caught your eye? I'm from Sweden so not a native English speaker.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk