Is anyone in contact with Slasher?

Started by CaptainD, Tue 09/05/2023 16:18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

I haven't seen Les around here for a long time and also haven't been able to contact him via GChat. As far as I can tell he's not on Discord.

Is anyone in touch with him in any other way and knows if he's okay?

LimpingFish

He hasn't logged in since November of last year.

There was also a period of 3 months, or so, early last year when he didn't post at all, so...maybe he's just taking a break.

Couldn't find anything via Google regarding him (social media posts, his Kickstarter, etc.) dated later than 2022, though.

Did you try the email on his profile?

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

lorenzo

I was wondering about that. I, too, remember last year that he didn't post much and when I asked him how were things going, he told me he was taking a bit of a rest. I hope it's the case this time too.

I have an email address of his, so I could send him an email to ask how he's doing if he doesn't see this thread. I really hope he's doing OK.

cat

I also thought about opening a thread about him, you were just quicker.

I hope he is alright.

Stupot

I'd noticed he'd been inactive for a while, too. I hope he's okay.

CaptainD

I've just emailed him, usually I get a quicker response from GChat which is why I tried that first. I know he's had health problems and hope they're not getting on top of him. Will let you know if I get a reply.

Retro Wolf

Hope you're doing alright Slasher you legend!

milkanannan

LimpingFish

CaptainD

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sun 18/06/2023 23:30:51Any update on this? :-\

No reply at all I'm afraid. Will keep trying.

Ponch

This is becoming a bit worrisome.

Danvzare

cat

Do you maybe have his full name and address? You could try writing a letter. If something happened to him, a letter might be received and read by a relative.

shaun9991

I hope he's doing alright. Absolute legend
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

CaptainD

Quote from: cat on Mon 26/06/2023 10:23:58Do you maybe have his full name and address? You could try writing a letter. If something happened to him, a letter might be received and read by a relative.

I know his name but not address; I've tried looking up the name in the phone book for the area his AGS location is set to (assuming that's correct) but no joy. Pinged him on email and GChat again but as far as AGS goes he hasn't been online since November 22, so unfortunately it doesn't look good.

I hope he wouldn't mind me saying this (and he may have mentioned it on the forums anyway) but his health wasn't good and he did feel that Maelstrom Obscura was quite likely to be the last game he made. He had been talking about relaunching the Kickstarter and I'd said I would help him with that, but it never came to fruition. The nature of his medical condition is such that progressive limitation of movement and functionality is possible, so it may be that he's okay generally but simply unable to make games anymore and finds going online too difficult.

Anyway I'll periodically keep trying to get in touch and see if there is any other way of contacting him that I've not found so far, and overall just hope he's okay.

Frodo

This is indeed worrying.   :sad:

Slasher, man, I really hope you're okay. 

LimpingFish

I know he has at least one son (Luke), but I couldn't track down any current social media under that name. I did find an old MySpace page that tracks (name, area), but it wasn't much use. No luck on Twitter or Facebook.

Taking into account Les' age, and his health problems-
Spoiler
-I also checked the current death notices (morbid, I know) in and around where he lived, just to rule it out. Nothing popped, thankfully.
[close]

I guess, like CaptainD says, we'll just have to hope, and wait and see if he resurfaces. :(

CaptainD

Just to keep everyone updated, heltenjon has tried to contact Les' son on FaceBook (awaiting response), and Cat has potentially found a number for him, so we'll keep trying.

LimpingFish

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 27/06/2023 21:29:01Just to keep everyone updated, heltenjon has tried to contact Les' son on FaceBook (awaiting response), and Cat has potentially found a number for him, so we'll keep trying.

Good stuff. :)

CaptainD

Just an update, insofar as I have one...

Cat found a possible phone number for Les but I've tried it and it doesn't connect at all, so assume it's a dead line. Still no reply from any online methods and he hasn't logged onto the forums.

heltenjon has kindly reached out to a couple of relatives on FaceBook, but no response.

I'm not sure what else we can do at this stage. Les, if by chance you are still around and see this, please know we are all thinking of you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk