Frank Further: the further adventures of Stanley "Frankfurter" Jones

Started by bertolino, Tue 10/01/2023 10:17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

bertolino

:undecided: CAN SOMEONE JUST TELL ME THE PASSWORD TO UNLOCK COMPUTER ON THIS GAME I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS DONT EVEN WANT TO GUESS ANYMORE

PLEASE :-D

heltenjon

Start by reading the hints in the old thread about this game. If that doesn't help, please ask again, preferrably without using CapsLock.

The old thread is here: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52760.new#new

Another tip:
Spoiler
***TIP: The login will always be TRUNKS_MCCULLOGH, but the password is a variable which is randomized at the beginning of each new game. The only way to learn the password is to ask Sassy Mae about it. Both the login and password are case sensitive, so be sure to type them exactly as they appear in your journal.***
[close]

(And a walkthrough can be found here: http://gamesolutions.efzeven.nl/the-adventures-of-stanley-frankfurter-jones-walkthrough-muffininc2013/ )[/s]

Edit: My mistake, those were for the first game.

bertolino

still can not get it i have read the old hints and the walkthrough is for the other game

heltenjon

Quote from: bertolino link=msg=636652600 datRequote author=bertolino link=msg=636652600 date=1673376548]
still can not get it i have read the old hints and the walkthrough is for the other game

I'm sorry, my mistake.

At the terminal:
Spoiler
Don't open the browser. Reset the password. Remember this. Open the browser. Use the password you made.
[close]

bertolino

this is ridiculous i have been trying for 3 hours my brain is melting please tell me

bertolino

New day and still stuck. Wont anyone just give me the password please.

arj0n

Bertolino, did you:
Spoiler
reset and create your own pw?
[close]

Wiggy

Hi Bertolino!

Yes, this is a frustrating puzzle, and it takes a few attempts to get through but nothing is impossible. There is a process that you need to follow and I'll guide you through it - it may take a little time and you will need a pen and paper to take notes. OK?

When you unzipped the game there was a "Manual.pdf" file which I hope you read, and you would have found this from the developer:

"The password puzzle is simpler than it seems. Try generating some non-admin passwords and look for
a pattern. The password is generated at random every game but can always be guessed within six tries or less based on the password hints the system gives you."

So now we go to the computer, open the browser, and we are faced with 2 choices: enter (which we cannot) or bypass. We click on bypass and are taken to a terminal screen with 3 choices:

1. Reset password (which we cannot because we don't know the old password yet)
2. Password hints (we will need this but not yet)
3. Generate password (gives us non-admin passwords as a key. This is what we want!!!)

As the developer said, this puzzle changes randomly - so what happens on your computer may well be different from what happened on mine. Generate about 5 passwords and write them down on your paper. When I did this, here were my results - yours will be different.

BE4OTH07
HE5OTH39
HE0OTH57
BE0OTH14
HE4OTH65

This is where we think. The common characters are the second ("E") 4th 5th and 6th ("OTH"). The third character seems to be a random number between 0 and 5. That means we have to find the first and 7th and 8th characters. Here's where the option 2 on the terminal comes in. We look for hints!

We look 3 times for hints and we find:

The password is 8 characters long. (duh!)
The password begins with "B" (NOTE: yours may be different, so write it down.)
The last 3 characters are "H49" (again yours are different, write them down)

DO NOT try for another hint because this causes a password reset and we gotta do this all over again.

Thus we have (putting it all together) MY password is BE#OTH49 where # is a random number from 0 on up. Now is the time to use option 1 and reset password. All we do is try BE0OTH49, then BE1OTH49, then BE2OTH49 and so on...then you will be prompted for new password. Enter anything you can remember and SAVE THE GAME!!!!

It's a fiendish puzzle, and I hope you see that there is not 1 constant password that we can pass around. I liked it a lot and I hope that helped.

Cheers!  Wiggy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk