Little Avatar problem

Started by Rik_Vargard, Mon 18/09/2023 18:59:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik_Vargard

Hello,
So I went to my profile to change my signature with an image that will link to my game topic.

After I did that and pressed "change", I know suddenly have a problem with my avatar, which was fine until right now.

Error message : The avatar you have selected is either too large or not an avatar.

My image is 150*150px and 10ko.

So I removed my signature to see if that was the problem but nope, the error is still there.

(and how can I delete a message I posted by error on the forums?)

What I am doing wrong here?

Thx!

Gilbert

Can you link to your avatar's image file in a post for us to see?
It is possible that since the recent update of the forum software, some settings were changed, that there is now a strict limit on the dimensions of an avatar image.
I just checked, a lot of members have avatar images in dimensions of around 120 x 120 pixels (and mine is just 60 x 60 pixels), but a few ones even use a 1024 x 1024 pixel image as their avatars.
My guess is that this is okay as long as the images were set before the limitations are imposed, but once you modify your profile (e.g. changing the signature like you did) the forum software would check again whether everything is within limitation, and so your avatar image is no longer accepted.
You may try to use an image of smaller dimensions and see whether it works.

And for removing your post, I think only a moderator can do that, so if you want to remove your own posts, just PM a moderator and ask them to do that.

Rik_Vargard

Thanks a lot for the replay, Gilbert!

Well nothing's working for my avatar (size, format), I still get the same error message.

here's the link-image to my avatar uploaded on imgur :

From there, I used the "direct link" into my profile which is :

https://i.imgur.com/eRNHDjH.jpg (also tried without the "s" in https)

AGA

Max avatar size is 120x120px.  The one you're trying is 1024x768 so is 1) far too large, and 2) not a square.

Rik_Vargard

Quote from: AGA on Fri 06/10/2023 18:38:56Max avatar size is 120x120px.  The one you're trying is 1024x768 so is 1) far too large, and 2) not a square.
Thank you for your reply @AGA , but I'm a little lost; what image are you reffering to?
I tried to use that little image shown in my post just above here and it's 60*60 and 14kb ...?

EDIT: When I put the link to the pic, it does show just under the box, but I get the error when I click on "change profile"

AGA

Turns out imgur doesn't allow its use to host avatars.  You'll need to find another image host.

Rik_Vargard

AAAAhhhh Okay!! Thank you very much for your time! (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk